Returns the count based on multiple conditions.
= COUNTIFS(criteria_range1, criteria1, [criteria_range2, criteria2]…)
- criteria_range1: The range of cells that you want to evaluate using criteria1.
- criteria1: The criteria which you want to evaluate for criteria_range1.
- [criteria_range2]: The range of cells that you want to evaluate using criteria1.
- [criteria2]: The criteria which you want to evaluate for criteria_range1.
- You can use a text, a number, a cell reference, or a formula as criteria.
- You can also use wildcard characters in criteria.
- Criteria other than numbers and formulas need to enclose in double quotation marks.
- If criteria is a reference to a cell that is empty, the function will treat it as 0.
- You can also use logical operators in criteria.
Written by Puneet for Excel 2007, Excel 2010, Excel 2013, Excel 2016, Excel 2019, Excel for Mac