Latest Video Tutorial – 10 Excel Keyboard Shortcuts (Probably YOU are NOT Using)
Like other Microsoft Office applications, Excel also has the feature to zoom in and zoom out the spreadsheet. Excel allows maximum zoom in up to 400%, and zoom out up to 10% which means the user can zoom in the spreadsheet size upto max 400% level and can zoom out to up to 10%.
Similar to other Excel features zoom-in and the zoom-out feature can be used manually or using the keyboard shortcut.
Keyboard Shortcut to Zoom in – Zoom Out in the Excel
We have provided here two keyboard shortcuts to zoom in and zoom out the spreadsheet size as mentioned below:
Ctrl + Alt + + For Zoom in
Ctrl + Alt + - For Zoom out
Alt → V → Z
Steps to Zoom in – Zoom Out Using Keyboard Shortcut
- First, open the spreadsheet on which you want to zoom in or zoom out.
- After that, press and hold the “Ctrl + Alt” keys and then press the “+” plus sign key or “-“ minus sign key to zoom in or zoom out respectively.
- Or press the “Alt → V → Z” keys in sequence and you will get the “Zoom” dialog box opened.
- Now, select the pre-defined zoom-in option or select “Custom” to zoom in or out using the keyboard up and down arrow keys as per your requirements, and then press “Enter”.
Points to Remember
- If you zoom in or out the current spreadsheet, then Excel will only do it only in that spreadsheet, and other spreadsheets in that workbook will remain unchanged.
- To zoom in or zoom out multiple spreadsheets at a time, select all the sheets (tabs) and then use the zoom in or zoom out shortcuts.
- If you have a numeric keys keyboard, sometimes the – minus key does not work properly from the top keys, so it is better to use the + plus and – minus keys from the numeric keys.