Like other Microsoft Office applications, Excel also has the feature to zoom in and zoom out the spreadsheet. Excel allows maximum zoom in up to 400%, and zoom out up to 10% which means the user can zoom in the spreadsheet size upto max 400% level and can zoom out to up to 10%.
Similar to other Excel features zoom-in and the zoom-out feature can be used manually or using the keyboard shortcut.
Keyboard Shortcut to Zoom in – Zoom Out in the Excel
We have provided here two keyboard shortcuts to zoom in and zoom out the spreadsheet size as mentioned below:
Ctrl + Alt + + (Plus Sign) (For Zoom in)
Ctrl + Alt + – (Minus Sign) (For Zoom out)
Alt → V → Z
Steps to Zoom in – Zoom Out Using Keyboard Shortcut
- First, open the spreadsheet which you want to zoom in or zoom out.
- After that, press and hold the “Ctrl + Alt” keys and then press the “+” plus sign key or “-“ minus sign key to zoom in or zoom out respectively.
- Or press the “Alt → V → Z” keys in sequence and you will get the “Zoom” dialog box opened.
- Now, select the pre-defined zoom-in option or select “Custom” to zoom in or out using the keyboard up and down arrow keys as per your requirements, and then press “Enter”.
Points to Remember
- If you zoom in or zoom out the current spreadsheet, then Excel will only zoom in or zoom out only that spreadsheet, and other spreadsheets in that workbook will remain unchanged.
- To zoom in or zoom out multiple spreadsheets at a time, select all the sheets/tabs and then use the zoom in or zoom out keyboard shortcut.
- if you have a numeric keys keyboard, sometimes the “-“ minus key does not work properly from the top keys, so It is better to use the “+” plus and “-“ minus keys from the numeric keys.