Let’s say, with your extreme efforts you have formatted a chart and then you realize that you have more charts to format. Applying the same formatting to all the charts is a tedious task the same thing again and again. It’s a pain.
The good news is: there is a super quick solution to your pain. All you need is a few clicks with your mouse. Yes, that’s right. With the paste special option, you can copy formatting from one chart to another just like you do simple copy-pasting. Let’s learn this tip, and WOW everyone.
Steps to Copy Formatting from One Chart to Another
- First of all, right-click on the chart from which you want to copy the chart formatting.
- And, then click on the copy.
- After that, right-click on the other chart on which you want to apply/paste the formatting.
- Now, go to Home tab -> Clipboard -> Paste -> Paste Special.
- Here you have a pop-up window.
- Select formats and click OK.
Shortcut to Copy Chart Formatting
Yes, you can use a shortcut key to do this. Just click on the chart you want to copy and use Ctrl + C to copy then select the other chart. In the end, use the shortcut key Alt + E + S to paste/apply the formatting.
Things to Remember
- You can’t apply size from one chart to another chart.
- You have to apply formatting to every chart one by one, you can’t apply formatting to more than one chart jointly.
- If you will try to apply formatting from one chart (for example bar chart) to some other type of chart (for example line chart), it will also change the type of target chart.
Now you don’t have to worry about formatting multiple charts. You have a super quick method to copy chart formatting to another excel chart. I hope you found this tip useful. What do you think? Please share your views with me in the comment section, I’d love to hear from you.
Must Read Charting Tutorials
21 thoughts on “Excel Copy Chart Format and Paste to Another Charts”
Doesnt work on excel for mac 2016 nor 2019 either. Just replicates the new pie with the previous data. Thanks for trying_ Would be SO great if it did.
Doesn’t work for me, only formats the chart are not the plot area.
doesnt work on all versions. I tried this and it just copied the data to the next chart.
thank you, very much
you save me many hours doing one and the same
it was of great help..thanks
Thank You! You don’t want to know how many I formatted by hand before thinking to google this!
When copying the Diagram format from one document to another the format does not stay. When I close the document that I copied the format from, the document where the document was copied changes format. How can I keep the format intact so that it does not change?
Many thanks .. You saved my time
Fantastic, I loved it
Nice Tip TQ
Thank you for this information – very helpful
Very Nice & Help Full
thanks a lot.
thanks for sharing. It’s really helpful.
Thanks for your words. Kamran
This has been super useful for me. I didn’t know that this was possible. Thanks for sharing, Puneet.
tx for sharing