In Excel, naming a range of cells is the easiest and fastest way of referring to those cells in the formula. You can create multiple named ranges in the spreadsheet and use them as cells reference while applying the formula.
But sometimes, if you have multiple named ranges within the workbook, it may become difficult to remember the names and locations of the named ranges.
So, in this tutorial, we will show you how to find the named ranges within the current workbook.
Steps to Find the Named Range Using Name Manager
The best and recommended way to find all the named ranges within the entire workbook is by “Name Manager”.
From there you can also edit the relative cells of any named range and change the named of any named range by following the below steps:
- First, go to the “Formulas” tab and then click on the “Name Manager” icon under the “Defined Names” group.
- Or first, press and hold the “Ctrl” key and then press the “F3” key.
- At this point, you will get the “Name Manager” dialog box opened.
- In this, you will find all the named ranges with their names under the “Name” tab and the location (sheet name) including the range of cells given to them under the “Refer To” tab.
- From here, double-click on any of the named range which you want to edit or go to the relative cells of that name range.
- The moment, you double-click on the individual name range, it will open that named range dialog box as per the image below.
- Now, to change the name of this name range, go within the “Name” field and remove the existing name and add the new name, and press OK.
- To go to the referred cells, click on the last of the given reference and it will take you to the referred cells.
- From here, you can re-select the cells range and the range will get updated.
- you can see it within the “Refers to” field in the dialog box, and then press OK.
Find Named Range Using Go To Option
- First, go to the “Home” tab and then click on the “Find & Select” icon and then click on the “GO TO” option to open the “GO TO” dialog box.
- Or simply press the “Ctrl + G” keyboard shortcut and it will open the “GO TO” dialog box.
- Here in the “GO TO” dialog box, you will find all the name ranges within your workbook.
Find the Name Range by Zoom-out
To find the named ranges within the current worksheet, just zoom out the spreadsheet at 30% and you will find the named ranges’ names highlighted on their relative cells.
In the below image, the spreadsheet is zoomed out at 30% and you can see we have two separate named ranges defined within the current spreadsheet on which the names are got highlighted.
Find Name Range from Name Box
You can also find the named ranges from the top left “Name Box” of the spreadsheet and to go to the relevant cells of the named range just click on it.