The quickest way to delete the cell values is using the “Delete” key from the keyboard. Users can delete the values entered in the cells completely using the “Delete” keyboard shortcut key and make the cells empty.
Or sometimes users find the value entered in the cell is misspelled or entered with any additional value and to delete that additional characters or value they can use the “Delete” keyboard shortcut key to make the value correct.
Keyboard Shortcut to Delete in the Excel
The keyboard shortcut to delete values is mentioned below:
Steps to Delete Values Using Keyboard Shortcut
- First select the cell or cells, whose values you want to delete.
- Once selected, just press the “Delete” key from the keyboard, and values will get removed and cells become empty.
- Or select the cell in edit mode using the “Fn + F2” keys and move the cursor to the left of the character which you want to remove.
- Once done, press the “Delete” key and it will remove a single character entered towards the right of the cursor.
- Press the” Delete” key multiple times to remove multiple characters.
In the above image, you can see, when we pressed the “Delete” key, Excel removed the character “t” which was placed towards the right side of the cursor.