There are two different orientations (Portrait or Landscape) in Excel that you can use and make changes according to your need. In this tutorial, we will learn to change page orientation in Excel.
Steps to Change Page Orientation
- First, of all go to the Page Layout Tab.
- Next, in the Page Layout, you have the ‘Page Setup” group, and you have an Orientation Option.
- Now, click on the Orientation drop-down.
- In the end, click select the orientation (Portrait or Landscape) that you want to apply.
This is the easiest way to change the orientation of a page in Excel.
Change Page Orientation from Page Setup Dialog Box
- First, use the keyboard shortcut (Alt ⇢ P ⇢ S ⇢ P) to open the page setup dialog box, or you can click on the down arrow on the bottom right on the “Page Setup” group.
- From here, in the “Page Setup” dialog box, you have the Orientation to select.
- Now, change the orientation as you want.
- In the end, click OK to apply.
Change Page Orientation from Print Preview
You can change the orientation from the print preview.
- Use the keyboard shortcut (Control + P) to open the print preview.
- Click on the Orientation drop-down.
- Select the orientation (Portrait and Landscape) from the list.
- This will change the orientation instantly.
Use a VBA Code
You can also use a VBA code to change the orientation.
Sub Macro1() 'Apply Portrait Orientation ActiveSheet.PageSetup.Orientation = xlPortrait 'Apply Landscape Orientation ActiveSheet.PageSetup.Orientation = xlLandscape End Sub