Latest Video Tutorial – 10 Excel Keyboard Shortcuts (Probably YOU are NOT Using)
Copy and paste are the most commonly and frequently used feature of Excel. This feature is used to copy and paste the data from one place to another. Users can create multiple copies of the copied data at various locations within the same sheet, on different sheets, or in multiple workbooks.
Like other Excel features, this feature also has a keyboard shortcut and if you are a keyboard shortcut lover, you should be aware of this copy-and-paste shortcut.
Keyboard Shortcut to Copy and Paste into the Excel
Ctrl + V or Enter
Ctrl + C
Steps to Copy and paste Using Keyboard Shortcut
- First, go to the cell or select the cell range from where you want to copy the data, and then press the “Ctrl + C” keys.
- After that, go to the cell where you want to paste the copied data and press the “Enter” key or “Ctrl + V” keys and your data will get pasted/copied to that place.
In the above image, you can see that we have pressed “Ctrl +V” at cell “F1”, and the copied data has been pasted over there.
Points to Remember
- To paste the data to only one location, you can use the “Enter” key to paste the data.
- To paste the copied data to multiple locations then you have to use the “Ctrl + V” keys otherwise you have to copy the data, again and again, to paste on multiple locations.
- To paste the data using the paste special option (value, formula, or format only) then you have to use the “Ctrl + Alt+ V” keys to paste the copied data.