In Excel, editing a cell is a very commonly used task. If the user needs to edit any value or formula entered in the cell.
He/She can edit the cell at any point using the manual option by double clicking on the cell or by using the keyboard shortcut and when you make the active cell to edit mode, you will notice the straight blinking line within the cell.
Keyboard Shortcut to Edit Cell in the Excel
Fn (Function key) + F2
Steps to Edit Cell Using Keyboard Shortcut
- First, go to the cell which you want to edit.
- After that, simply press the “Fn + F2” keys and your active cell will change into edit mode and you will see the straight blinking line within the cell at the end of your value or formula into the cell.
- Now, with the help of the left and right navigation keyboard keys, you can move the blinking line in the left and right directions to edit the required character in the cell.
- Once you are done with editing, just press enter to make the cell active again.
Points to Remember
- Users can edit one cell at a time.
- By default, Editing happens in the cell, but the user can change the default settings by unchecking the “Allow editing directly in cells” under the Advanced option to make the editing happen in the “Formula” Bar.