To merge multiple cells in a single cell you can use the shortcut keys Alt ➜ H ➜ M ➜ A. When you press this shortcut key merges all the cells but only takes the upper left value (the value you have in the first cell). It shows you a message that says, “merging cells only keeps the upper left value and discard other values”.
And when you click OK it merges all the cells
Alt ➜ H ➜ M ➜ A
If you want to unmerge cells you need to use the same shortcut keys for that. And following are some other important shortcut keys related to merging cells.
- Alt ➜ H ➜ M ➜ A: To merge selected cells into rows.
- Alt ➜ H ➜ M ➜ C: To merge cells and center align the value.
More on Excel
- Top Excel Tips and Tricks to Make You a PRO in 2021 (Basic to Advanced + Free PDF)
- An Introduction to Microsoft Excel | Basics Knowledge + Components + Examples
- 82 Keyboard Shortcuts for Excel (PDF Cheat Sheet) YOU Need to Know
- Top 25 EXCEL SKILLS – All Levels (Basic | Intermediate | Advanced) + Test
- Excel Functions List (Top 100) Examples + Sample Files