The group in Excel is a feature used for the grouping of rows and columns. If you work with huge data sets, you have ever felt the need of grouping the rows or/and columns into groups to hide the rows or columns into groups and to make the data more efficient.
By using this group feature you can create multiple groups by adding different selected rows or columns into that groups and like other Excel features, you can do it manually or using the keyboard shortcut.
If you are a shortcut lover then this tutorial is for you to learn about how to group the rows and columns using the keyboard shortcut.
Keyboard Shortcut to Group in the Excel
The keyboard shortcut to group the rows or columns is mentioned below:
Alt + Shift + ➞ (Right Arrow)
Steps to Group Rows or Columns Using Keyboard Shortcut
- First, select the rows or columns which you want to group.
- After that, press the “Alt + Shift + ➞ (Right Arrow)” keys and you will get the selected rows or columns grouped.
- Now, to collapse the grouped rows you can go to any cell of the grouped rows and press the “Alt → A → H” keys and your group will get collapsed and rows become hidden.
- Or you can click on grouping (-) sign signs on the left bar of the spreadsheet to collapse the grouped rows.
- To expand the grouped rows, go to the grouped row and press the “Alt → A → H” keys or press on the (+) sign and your group will get expanded.
If you select the cells only instead of selecting the entire rows or columns, when you press the “Alt + Shift + ➞ (Right Arrow)” keys, it will show you the pop-up asking you to select the rows or columns option for grouping.
￩ Back to Main Page (PDF Cheat Sheet – Keyboard Shortcuts for Excel)