To create a dynamic hyperlink where you can change the link that you have specified, you need to use Excel’s HYPERLINK function. This function allows you to specify a link to a web address or cell in the workbook.
In this tutorial, we will learn to write a formula for this.
You can use the below steps for this.
- First, enter the HYPERLINK function in a cell.
- After that, in the first argument, refer to the cell where you are going to update the hyperlink address, Let’s say cell B1.
- Next, in the second argument, enter a friendly name for the link to how in the link.
- In the end, enter the closing parentheses and hit enter.
In cell B1, we have a drop-down list to change the web address. And the moment you change the link address in cell B1, it will also change the link in the formula.
In the same way, you can create a dynamic hyperlink for a cell in the workbook.
In the above formula, we have used the “#” with a combination of the cell reference of cell B1. Now, as soon as you change the cell address in cell B1 it changes the link in the formula.
Get the Excel File
- Back to the List of Excel Formulas