While working in data where you have dates, you might have to create a range of dates. A range is something that has a start date and an end date.
In this tutorial, you will learn to create a date range.
Create a Date Range Starting from Today
Now let’s say you want to create a date range of seven days starting from today.
In the following example, we have today’s date in cell A1 which we have got by using today’s function.
To create a date range, follow these simple steps:
- Enter the “=” in cell B1, or any other cell.
- Refer to cell A1, or where you have the starting date of the range.
- Use the “+” sign to add days to today’s date.
- Specify the number of days you want to add to today’s date.
Create a Date Range in a Single Cell
Let’s go a little further and create a date range in a single cell.
And for this, we need to combine both starting date and the ending date in a single cell. But the problem is when you try to combine two dates within a single cell it returns something like below.
Now to overcome this problem we need to use the TEXT function to convert dates into text and then combine them as a range of dates.
The formula would be something like the one below.
=TEXT(A1,”dd/mmm/yy”)&” — “&TEXT(B1,”dd/mmm/yy”)
Now as you can see, we have a range of dates in cell C1 starting from 8-Feb-22 to 15-Feb-22. And if you want to create a range of dates in a single cell, you can use the following formula.
=TEXT(TODAY(),”dd/mmm/yy”)&” — “&TEXT(A1+7,”dd/mmm/yy”)
In the part about using the TEXT function, you can change the format of the date the way you want.
- Add Month to a Date
- Add Years to Date
- Add-Subtract Week from a Date
- Calculate Age using Date of Birth
- Compare Two Dates
- Convert Date to Number
- Count Years Between Two Dates
- DATEDIF Function in Excel
- Get Day Number of Year
- Get Month from a Date
- Get Quarter from a Date [Fiscal + Calendar]
- Get Years of Service
- Get Day Name from a Date in Excel
- Get End of the Month Date in Excel
- Get Total Days in Month in Excel
- Highlight Dates Between Two Dates
- Quickly Concatenate Two Dates
- Random Date Generator (Excel Formula)
- 5 Custom Date Formats I Always Use and You Should Too
- Convert Text to Date
- Get First Day (Beginning) of the Month