In Excel, it is easy to make a copy of the existing workbook and you don’t have to follow complex steps.
In this tutorial, we will learn two easy methods to create an exact copy of an Excel file.
Copy-Paste an Excel File (Workbook) Make a Copy
- First, select the file for which you want to make a copy.
- After that, use the keyboard shortcut, Ctrl + C to copy that file.
- After that, use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + V to paste that file to the same location.
- In the end, edit the name of the file and change it to whatever you want to specify.
This is the easiest way to make a copy of an Excel workbook. When you copy and paste a file in the same location, your system creates a copy of it and adds the word “Copy” after it.
Open as a Copy and Save it
You can also open an Excel file first and then create a copy of it.
- First, open Excel and go to the File Tab and click on the Open option.
- After that, locate the file and select “Open as Copy” from the open dropdown.
- Now, go to the File tab again and click on the “Save As” option.
- In the end, name the file and save it to the location where you want to save it.