PI π is a mathematical constant value used in the equations related to round or spherical things which could be anything like buildings, orbits, planets etc. to find the area and circumference of that things.
In Excel, there are multiple ways to insert the PI symbol within the spreadsheet and here we will show you how to insert the same.
Insert PI Symbol from Symbol Dialog Box
- First select the cell, where you want to insert the “Pi” symbol and then go to the “Insert” tab.
- After that, click on the “Symbol” icon under the “Symbols” group in the ribbon to open the symbol dialog box.
- Within the symbol dialog box, choose “Unicode (hex)” within the “from” field.
- Now, scroll down bit from the right-side scroll bar and select the “Pi” symbol and then click on “Insert” button to insert it.
- Once inserted, click on “Close” button to close the dialog box.
Insert PI Symbol Using Alt Key
The below written method using the “ALT” key to insert this symbol only works if your keyboard has “Numeric” keypad on it.
- First, select a cell.
- After that, press and hold the Alt key.
- Then press “0 2 2 7” number from the number keypad only.
- Now release the “Alt” key and the symbol will get added within the cell.
Insert PI Symbol Using AutoCorrect in Excel
If you are frequent user of the “Pi” symbol, then this “AutoCorrect” method could be fast.
- First, go to the “File” tab in the ribbon and then click on “Options” and you will get the “Excel Options” dialog box opened.
- After that, click on “Proofing” from the left side panel and then click on “AutoCorrect Options”.
- Now, to replace any word with the “Pi” symbol, enter that word within the “Replace” input bar and the “Pi” symbol using “Alt +227” keys within the “With” input bar.
- Once done, click OK to save it.
As you can see in the above image, we have entered “PI” in uppercase to get replaced with “Pi” symbol so now whenever we will enter “PI” word it will get replaced with the “Pi” symbol.
Insert PI Symbol using the Font Style
PI has different symbol in lowercase and upper case.
- First, in the cell, enter the alphabet “P” in lowercase if want the lowercase symbol of “Pi” or enter the “P” in uppercase if want the uppercase symbol of “Pi”.
- After that, go to the “Home” tab and then change the “Font” style as “Symbol” and the alphabet “P” will get converted into “Pi” symbol.
In the above screen shot we had entered “P” both in lowercase and uppercase to show you how the “Pi” symbol looks like in upper and lower case.
- For Mac users, simply press “Option + P” shortcut keys to insert the “Pi” symbol within the spreadsheet.
- To insert the symbol into multiple cells, simply use the copy and paste option or click on the “Fill handle” and drag and drop the cell.
- Apply Accounting Number Format in Excel
- Apply Background Color to a Cell or the Entire Sheet in Excel
- Print Excel Gridlines (Remove, Shortcut, & Change Color)
- Add Page Number in Excel
- Apply Comma Style in Excel
- Apply Strikethrough in Excel
- Highlight Blank Cells in Excel
- Make Negative Numbers Red in Excel