To clear contents from a cell or a range of cells in Excel you need to use the “Delete” button from the keyboard. This key works the same even if you have selected one cell, multiple non-continues cells, or a range of cells.
Apart from that, you can also use the following keys to get the same thing done.
- Backspace: Even though backspace is not used for clearing the content, but it works almost same. When you select a cell and press the backspace it clears the content from the cell and edit it.
- Alt ➜ H ➜ E ➜ A: This keyboard shortcut activates the “Clear Content” option from the Home Tab.
More on Excel
- Top Excel Tips and Tricks to Make You a PRO in 2021 (Basic to Advanced + Free PDF)
- An Introduction to Microsoft Excel | Basics Knowledge + Components + Examples
- 82 Keyboard Shortcuts for Excel (PDF Cheat Sheet) YOU Need to Know
- Top 25 EXCEL SKILLS – All Levels (Basic | Intermediate | Advanced) + Test
- Excel Functions List (Top 100) Examples + Sample Files