In Excel, when you are working with data, you might need to have a total at the bottom to have a sum of all the values that you have in each column.
In this tutorial, we will learn to add a row with the total using two quick methods.
- Total Row in a Table.
- Total with the Auto Sum.
Add a Total Row in Excel in a Table
- First, select any of the cells in the data and press the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + T, and click OK to apply the table.
- Next, go to the Table tab, and tick-mark the Total Row checkbox.
- Here you have a total row at the bottom of the table where you have a total only for the last column.
- Now you need to select the sum for each cell of the total row to get the sum of each column.
- Once you select SUM from the drop-down for each of the columns that you have on the table, you will have a total row.
- Once you apply the table to the data, you can right-click on it, then go to the table, and click on the total row from there.
Add a Total Row with the Auto Sum
- First, select the row after the last row of the data.
- After that, press that keyboard shortcut Alt + = (AutoSum) to add the sum function in all the cells in the row to make it a total row for the data.
Apart from this, once you select the bottom row, you can go to the Home Tab, Editing Group, and click on the auto sum button to add the sum function in all the cells.
The moment you click on the auto sum button, you get the total values in the row selected.