Returns the count based on a condition.
= COUNTIF(range, criteria)
- range: A range of cells from which you want to count the cells which meet criteria.
- criteria: A criteria (Case Sensitive) to check to count cells.
- You can use a number, text, cell reference, or formula as criteria.
- You can also use wildcard characters in criteria.
- Criteria other than numbers and formulas need to enclose in double quotation marks.
- You can also use logical operators in criteria.
Written by Puneet for Excel 2007, Excel 2010, Excel 2013, Excel 2016, Excel 2019, Excel for Mac