By using Excel SHEETS Function you can get the number of sheets in a reference. In simple words, it will return the number of sheets used in a reference.
In above example, I have referred to cell A1 in the same sheet & SHEETS Function returned with 1 as only 1 sheet is in reference.
- reference Reference for which you want to count numbers of sheets.
More Information on SHEETS Function
- It will include all type of sheet (Chart Sheet, Worksheet or Macro Sheet).
- You can refer to sheets even they are visible, hidden or very hidden.
- If you skip specifying any value in the function it will give you the count of total sheets in a workbook
- If you specify an invalid reference, it will return a #REF!.
In the below example, we have used 3D cell reference to get the sum of cell A1 from five sheets. And, I have used the same reference to get the count of sheets.
To learn more about Excel SHEETS Function you can check Microsoft’s Help Section. And, if you have a unique idea to use it, I would love to hear from you.There is also you have