What is the use of Excel MINUTE Function?
Use Excel MINUTE Function to get a minute as a number from a time value range from 0 to 59. In simple words, it will return the only minute from a time. For example from 18:43 it will return 43.
Syntax for Excel MINUTE Function
serial_number A valid time value from which you want to get the minute as a number.
More Information on Excel MINUTE Function
- You can also input time as a text directly into the function. For example, =minute(“08:32 PM”).
- If you refer to a blank cell it will return 0 in the result.
- Excel stores date as a number, time represents in the decimals in that number.
Examples to understand Excel MINUTE Function
In above example, I have used the minute function to extract minute value from different time values.
- You can use it to get the minute number from a time value.
- You can also extract the minute number from a date in which you have time.
- The minute function is only concerned with the decimal part of a serial number.
Download Sample File
Use Excel MINUTE Function get the minute number from a time value. Learn more about MINUTE from here.