Use Excel MINUTE Function to get a minute as a number from a time value range from 0 to 59. In simple words, it will return the only minute from a time. For example from 18:43 it will return 43.
- serial_number A valid time value from which you want to get the minute as a number.
More Information on Excel MINUTE Function
- You can also input time as a text directly into the function. For example, =minute(“08:32 PM”).
- If you refer to a blank cell it will return 0 in the result.
- Excel stores date as a number, time represents in the decimals in that number.
In the below example, we have used the minute function to extract minute value from different time values.
- You can use it to get the minute number from a time value.
- You can also extract the minute number from a date in which you have time.
- The minute function is only concerned with the decimal part of a serial number.
To learn more about Excel MINUTE Function you can check Microsoft’s Help Section. And, if you have a unique idea to use it, I would love to hear from you.