Excel ISEVEN Function will evaluate a value and return TRUE if a value is an even number and else it will return FALSE. In simple words, you can check that a value is an even number or not.
- number A value which you wants to evaluate.
More Information on Excel ISEVEN Function
- You can also insert a number into function directly by using double quotes or even without it.
- If you specify a non-numeric value it will return the #VALUE! error value.
Here I have used different arguments for this function.
- It will return TRUE if given number is even.
- It will evaluate negative values in the same way.
- It will treat 0 as an even number.
- If you specify a number with decimal points it will ignore decimals & evaluate the integer. In this example, it has truncate .5 & evaluated 2.
- As excel store dates as serial numbers, it will evaluate them in the same manner.
To learn more about Excel ISEVEN Function you can check Microsoft’s Help Section. And, if you have a unique idea to use it, I would love to hear from you.
There is also you have ISLOGICAL function which is highly useful. Apart from this, I have a list of excel functions and some real life formulas examples.