In Excel, we have cells to enter and store data, and a cell has 96 pixels of width and 24 pixels of height, and you can only add one or two words to it.
But sometimes you need to add an entire paragraph to the worksheet in Excel. For this, there are a few options that you can use.
In this tutorial, we will learn all those options.
Steps to use Warp Text to Add a Paragraph in a Single Cell in Excel
- First, select the cell where you want to enter the paragraph and edit it.
- Now, paste or type the text of the paragraph that you want to add, and that will look something like the following where your text is overflowing from the cell.
- Next, you need to change the width and height of the cell so that the entire text gets adjusted in a single cell.
- Afterward, go to the home tab, alignment group, and click on the wrap text button to wrap the entire text in the cell.
This way you can make a long text sentence as a paragraph in the cell. And when you change the width and height of the cell, the paragraph inside the cell also changes along with that.
Type a Paragraph using a Line Break
If you want to type a full paragraph inside a cell, you can use a line break to shift to the new line within the cell. Once you are complete with a line just, use the keyboard shortcut Alt + Enter to insert a new line within the cell.
With this keyboard shortcut, you can create as many line breaks within the cell. And, if you want to add multiple paragraphs, this method works better.
After each paragraph, you need to press the shortcut key twice, one is for the line space and one is for shifting to the new line.
Use a Text Box to Add a Paragraph in Excel
In Excel, you can insert a text box and then add the paragraph text into it.
- First, go to the Insert Tab, then click Text, drop down and click on Text Box.
- Next, you need to insert the text box into the worksheet.
- Now, edit the text box and paste or type the text in it.
- In the end, adjust the width of the text box.
Create a Paragraph using Fill Justify
Let’s say you have value in multiple cells, and you want to create a single paragraph, you can use fill justify for this. Fill Justify and combine values from multiple cells. In the following example, we have a value in three cells A1, A2, and A3.
Now to get create a paragraph of these values in cell A1, first, make your column width enough so that all three values and be combined in a single cell. I have changed the width to 2125 pixels.
- Select all three cells.
- Go to the home tab.
- Click on the Fill drop-down.
- Select the Justify option.
Now, you have all the values in the single cell and now click on the Wrap Text option and change the height and width of the cell to make it a paragraph.