We all love dynamic and interactive charts. They are awesome. But, do you know what is the most important part of a dynamic chart?
That’s ➜ Chart Title
By creating a dynamic chart title you can make your Excel charts more effective.
The bad news is, there’s always a chance of missing it. But here is the good news, you can link a chart title with a cell to make it dynamic. And in today’s post, I’d like to share with you exact steps to make a chart title dynamic by connecting it to a cell.
Let's get started.
Steps to Create Dynamic Chart Title in Excel
Converting a normal chart title into a dynamic one is simple. But before that, you need a cell which you can link with the title.
Here are the steps:
- Select chart title in your chart.
- Go to the formula bar and type =.
- Select the cell which you want to link with chart title.
- Hit enter.
Combine Cell Link and Text to Create a Dynamic Chart Title
Now, let me show you how to combine a cell and a text to create a dynamic chart title. For example, if you want to link a cell having a year name which will change with chart data and you want to add a label “Monthly Sales Trend:” before it.
- First of all, just enter the below formula in the formula bar in a new cell.
=”Monthly Sales Trend: ” &H3
- Select the chart title.
- Go to formula bar and press =.
- Now, just select the new cell.
- Hit enter.
Creating Dynamic Title in Pivot Chart
Create a Dynamic Chart Title with Shapes
If you want to save some space from your chart then you can also use a separate rectangular shape as a chart title.
- Just insert a shape into your worksheet.
- Link it to the cell as you have linked the cell in normal chart title.
- You can't use formula in chart title, but you can link it with a cell having a formula.
- If you want to enter a line break in chart title you can create that line break in the cell you are linking to.
A dynamic chart title depends on a cell that has a formula which will change when you change value in your chart. So basically, your chart title is linked to a cell which is dynamic. I hope this charting tip will help you to create advanced charts ans now tell me one thing.
Have you ever used a dynamic title in a chart before?
Share your views with me in the comment section, I'd love to hear from you. And please don't forget to share this tip with your friends.
- How to Add a Horizontal Line in a Chart in Excel
- How to Add a Vertical Line in a Chart in Excel
- How to Create a Bullet Chart in Excel
- How to Create a Dynamic Chart Range in Excel
- How to Create a Sales Funnel Chart in Excel
- How to Create a HEAT MAP in Excel
- How to Create a HISTOGRAM in Excel
- How to Create a Pictograph in Excel
- How to Create a Milestone Chart in Excel
- How to Insert a People Graph in Excel
- How to Create a Population Pyramid Chart in Excel
- How to Create a SPEEDOMETER Chart [Gauge] in Excel
- How to Create a Step Chart in Excel
- How to Create a Thermometer Chart in Excel
- How to Create a Tornado Chart in Excel
- How to Create Waffle Chart in Excel
About the Author
Puneet is using Excel since his college days. He helped thousands of people to understand the power of the spreadsheets and learn Microsoft Excel. You can ﬁnd him online, tweeting about Excel, on a running track, or sometimes hiking up a mountain.