The bad news is, there’s always a chance of missing it.
But here is the good news, you can link a chart title with a cell to make it dynamic.
And in today’s post, I’d like to share with you exact steps to make a chart title dynamic by connecting it to a cell.
…let's get started.
Steps to Create Dynamic Chart Title in Excel
Converting a normal chart title into a dynamic one is simple. But before that, you need a cell which you can link with the title.
Here are the steps:
- Select chart title in your chart.
- Go to the formula bar and type =.
- Select the cell which you want to link with chart title.
- Hit enter.
Combine Cell Link and Text to Create a Dynamic Chart Title
Now, let me show you how to combine a cell and a text to create a dynamic chart title.
For example, if you want to link a cell having a year name which will change with chart data and you want to add a label “Monthly Sales Trend:” before it.
- First of all, just enter the below formula in a new cell.
=”Monthly Sales Trend: ” &H3
- Select the chart title.
- Go to formula bar and press =.
- Now, just select the new cell.
- Hit enter.
Creating Dynamic Title in Pivot Chart
Create a Dynamic Chart Title with Shapes
If you want to save some space from your chart then you can also use a separate rectangular shape as a chart title.
- Just insert a shape into your worksheet.
- Link it to the cell as you have linked the cell in normal chart title.
- You can't use formula in chart title, but you can link it with a cell having a formula.
- If you want to enter a line break in chart title you can create that line break in the cell you are linking to.
A dynamic chart title depends on a cell that has a formula which will change when you change value in your chart.
So basically, your chart title is linked to a cell which is dynamic.
I hope this charting tip will help you to create advanced charts ans now tell me one thing.
Have you ever used a dynamic title in a chart before?
Share your views with me in the comment section, I'd love to hear from you. And please don't forget to share this tip with your friends.