It’s fantastic to create a hyperlink to another worksheet from a worksheet, making it easy to navigate through the workbook. In this tutorial, we will learn two simple and quick methods to create a hyperlink to a sheet.
Use the Link Option from the Menu
- First, enter a value in a cell, right-click on it to open the context menu, and then click on the Link > Insert Link.
- Now in the “Insert Hyperlink” dialog box, click on the “Place in this Document” tab. And then click on the name of the sheet, “Sheet2”.
- Here you can also enter the cell address of the cell in the sheet to which you want to create a link. And you can also change the text in the cell from “Text to display”.
- In the end, click OK to create the link to the sheet you have specified.
And once you click OK, it creates a hyperlink using the text you have in the cell. And when you click on the link, it takes you to Sheet3.
- Enter the Hyperlink function in a cell. This function has two arguments that you need to specify.
- In the first argument, you need to enter the sheet and cell address to which you want to create a link.
- You can also use the mouse to go to the cell in the sheet to automatically insert the address and enter a “#” before that address.
- And after that, wrap the address with double quotation marks.In the first argument, you need to enter the sheet and cell address to which you want to create a link.
- Next, you need to enter a friendly name for the link to create in the cell.
- In the end, hit enter to get the result in the cell.
And the moment you hit enter, you will get a link in the cell that moves you to Sheet1.
The method’s benefit is changing the link just by changing the address in the formula.
Create a Link to the Sheet with Drag and Drop Menu
You need to go to the sheet and the cell you want to create a hyperlink. Let’s say you want to create a link to cell A5 of Sheet2.
- Select cell A5 in Sheet2, press and hold the Alt key. After that, hover your mouse cursor on the border of the cell.
- Next, hover your cursor to Sheet1’s Tab by holding the Alt key and right click button. With this, Sheet1 will be get activated.
- Go to the cells where you want to create the hyperlink from here, just like we moved our cursor to cell A1 in Sheet1.
- And once you release the Alt key and Right click, it shows you a menu with options. You need to click on the “Create Hyperlink here”.
The moment you click “Create Hyperlink here”, it links cell A1 of Sheet1 to cell A5 of Sheet2.
Get the Excel FileDownload
- Consolidate Data from Multiple Worksheets
- Rename Sheet in Excel
- Group Worksheets in the Excel
- View Two Sheets Side by Side in Excel
- Add a Worksheet in Excel
- Change Tab Color in Excel (Worksheet Tab)
- Add Title to a Worksheet in Excel
- Copy or Move a Sheet (Worksheet)
- Select All the Worksheets (Sheets)