Let's say, with your extreme efforts you have formatted a chart and then you realize that you have more charts to format.
Applying the same formatting to all the charts is a tedious task...
...the same thing again and again.
It's a pain.
The good news is: there is a super quick solution to your pain. All you need a few clicks with your mouse.
Yes, that's right.
With paste special option, you can copy formatting from one chart to another just like you do simple copy-pasting.
Let's learn this tip, and WOW everyone.
Steps to Copy Formatting from One Chart to Another
- First of all, right-click on the chart from which you want to copy the chart formatting.
- And, then click on the copy.
- After that, right-click on the other chart on which you want to apply/paste the formatting.
- Now, go to Home tab -> Clipboard -> Paste -> Paste Special.
- Here you have a pop-up window.
- Select formats and click OK.
Shortcut to Copy Chart Formatting
Yes, you can use a shortcut key to do this. Just click on the chart you want to copy and use Ctrl + C to copy then select the other chart.
In the end, use the shortcut key Alt + E + S to paste/apply the formatting.
Things to Remember
- You can't apply size from one chart to another chart.
- You have to apply formatting to every chart one by one, you can't apply formatting to more than one chart jointly.
- If you will try to apply formatting from one chart (for example bar chart) to some other type of chart (for example line chart), it will also change the type of target chart.
Now you don't have to worry about formatting multiple charts.
You have a super quick method to copy chart formatting to another excel chart.
I hope you found this tip useful.
What do you think?
Please share your views with me in the comment section, I'd love to hear from you.
Must Read Charting Tutorials