Creating an In Cell Column Chart by using the REPT Function is the second part of our in cell charting Series. Yesterday, I had used this text repetition formula to create a star rating template in excel.
Basic Idea of creating a column chart with REPT Function is as simple as we create a normal column chart in excel. I have used a percentage data set to create the above In Cell Chart. You can use any type of data as per your need.
Steps To Create a Simple Column Chart With REPT Function
- Increase the height of the row where you want to insert this chart so that a column bar can adjust in it.
- Insert this =REPT(“|”,F5*50) formula in the cells below your data cells. (Here, F5 is a data cell)
- Now, Change the orientation of text to “Rotate Text Up”.
- After that change Font Style to PlayBill (You can also use Stencil, Haettenschweiler, Britannic Bold).
- Change text alignment to bottom & center.
- Finally, You have a small In Cell Column Chart.
I have highlighted lower data bar by using formulas in conditional formatting.
- You can also create an in-cell bar chart by using the same method.