You have dates in column and you want to highlight all the dates which are between the range of two dates.
Let’s say you have a start date 17-Jan-2017 and an end date 19-Mar-2017, and from the dates column, you want to highlight all the cells in which date is between these two dates.
Just need to create a new rule in conditional formatting with this formula. Let’s follow these steps.
Steps to use CF to Highlight Dates Between Two Dates
- First of all, select the range or column (A2:A20) where you have dates.
- Now, go to Home Tab ⇢ Styles ⇢ Conditional Formatting ⇢ New Rule.
- Fron here, in New Rule window, select “Use a formula to determine which cell to format”.
- After that, in formula input bar, enter below formula.
- Finally, select a color from formatting option to apply to cells.
- In the end, click OK.
Once you hit OK, all the cells where dates are within the range which you mentioned will get formatted with the color the color you have specified.
How this CF formula works
AND function can take more than one condition and returns TRUE if all the conditions are TRUE, else FALSE.
With that TRUE, conditional formatting apply color to all the cells with dates.
Must Read Next