Developer tab is one of the most important and highly useful options in Excel. But, before you use it you need add it on ribbon. When you install Excel, you need to activate it for first time.
So today in this post, you will learn 3 different methods to add developer tab in Excel for windows as well as in Excel 2011 for mac.
Method 1: For Windows
To enable it follow these simple steps.
- Go to File Tab → Options → Customize Ribbon.
- In the main tab list, tick mark check box for the developer.
- Click OK.
Method 2: For Windows
Here is another method to display developer tab.
- Right click on Excel ribbon and select customize ribbon.
- In main tab list, tick mark check box for the developer.
- Click OK.
After following any of the above methods you can activate developer tab in Excel for Windows.
Note: You can use both of the above methods in Windows version of Excel (2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016)
Method 3: Excel 2011 for Mac
Here are the steps to add developer tab in Excel 2011 for Mac.
- Go to Excel Menu → Preferences.
- Click on Ribbon in "Sharing & Privacy Group" and then Click OK.
- Now, you will get a pop-up dialog box. In customization section, select Developer Tab & click OK.
After following any of the above methods you can activate developer tab in Excel 2011 for Mac.
About the Author
Puneet is using Excel since his college days. He helped thousands of people to understand the power of the spreadsheets and learn Microsoft Excel. You can ﬁnd him online, tweeting about Excel, on a running track, or sometimes hiking up a mountain.