By using Excel Sheet Function you can get the sheet number of a worksheet.
In above example, I have put worksheet name in sheet function to get the sheet number.
- [value] Name of the sheet or reference to any cell in a sheet.
More Information on SHEET Function
- It will include all type of sheet (Chart Sheet, Worksheet or Macro Sheet).
- You can refer to sheets even they are visible, hidden or very hidden.
- If you skip specifying any value in the function it will give you the sheet number of sheet in which you have applied the function.
- If you specify an invalid sheet name, it will return a #N/A.
- If you specify an invalid sheet reference, it will return a #REF!.
In the below example, I have used different inputs to the get the sheet number. Where I have invalid sheet name & invalid sheet reference, SHEET function has returned an error.
To learn more about Excel SHEET Function you can check Microsoft’s Help Section. And, if you have a unique idea to use it, I would love to hear from you.
There is also you have SHEETS function which is highly useful. Apart from this, I have a list of excel functions and some real life formulas examples.