What is EXCEL EVEN FUNCTION
The Excel EVEN Function is listed under Microsoft Excel's Maths Functions category. It rounds a number to the nearest even number. If the specified number is positive, then it rounds up and if that number is negative then round down.
How to use it
To learn how to use the EVEN function in Excel, you need to understand its syntax and arguments:
- number: The value which you want to evaluate.
- You can also insert a number into function directly by using double quotes or even without it.
- If you specify a non-numeric value it will return the #VALUE! error value.
To master EVEN function we need to try it out in an example, so make sure to check out the below one:
Here we have used different arguments:
- When you refer to a negative value, it will always round it to lower even number, away from zero.
- When you refer to a positive value, it will always round it to the upper even number.
- And when you refer to zero it will remain the same.
This tutorial is the part of our Excel Functions with Examples (Function Guide) and below are some of the related functions:
About the Author
Puneet is using Excel since his college days. He helped thousands of people to understand the power of the spreadsheets and learn Microsoft Excel. You can ﬁnd him online, tweeting about Excel, on a running track, or sometimes hiking up a mountain.