Returns the average of values.
- value1: A value which is a number, a logical value or a number that is stored as a text.
- [value2]: A value which is a number, a logical value or a number that is stored as a text.
- The logical value TRUE will be considered as 1 and FALSE will be considered as 0.
- If you enter a text directly into the function it will return #VALUE! and if you refer a cell that has a text, it will treat that text as 0.
- If any of the specified arguments is an error, it will return an error in the result.
- If you enter a number directly into the function using double quotation marks, it will ignore that quotation marks and take it as a number. But if you refer to a cell that has a number formatted as text, it will consider that argument as 0.
Written by Puneet for Excel 2007, Excel 2010, Excel 2013, Excel 2016, Excel 2019, Excel for Mac