What is EXCEL AND FUNCTION
The Excel AND Function is listed under Microsoft Excel’s Logical Functions category. It returns a boolean value (TRUE or FALSE) after testing conditions you specify. In simple words, you can test multiple conditions with AND function and it returns TRUE if all those conditions are TRUE, else FALSE.
How to use it
To learn how to use AND function in Excel, you need to understand its syntax and arguments:
AND(logical1, [logical2], …)
- logical1: Condition which you want to verify.
- [logical2]: Additional Conditions you want to verify.
- Values will be ignored if the reference cell or array contained an empty cell or a text.
- It will return an error if there is no logical value is returned that means the result of conditions should be in logical value (TRUE or FALSE).
- The maximum number of values you can test is 255.
To master AND function, we need to try it out in an example and below is one which you can try out:
In the below example, we have created a condition using IF function that if a student score 60 above marks in both of the subjects then only it will return TRUE else FALSE.
You can also use AND function to work with numbers as well.
This tutorial is the part of our Excel Functions with Examples (Function Guide) and below are some of the related functions:
- EXCEL FALSE Function
- EXCEL IF Function
- EXCEL IFERROR Function
- EXCEL IFNA Function
- EXCEL NOT Function
- EXCEL OR Function
- EXCEL TRUE Function
(Make sure to check out this Basic Excel Tutorial, this is a guide that will help you to get started with Excel, and after that, here we have a list of EXCEL TIPS to make you an advanced Excel user in no time.)