Excel NOW Function is super useful. You can use NOW Function to insert the current date and time in a cell. It will insert a valid date and time in a cell which will update every time you recalculate your worksheet.
- There is no argument in NOW Function. But you have to enter empty parentheses.
More Information on Excel NOW Function
- NOW is a volatile function and will update every time when a recalculation is done.
- As it is a volatile function, it can effect on the processing speed of your calculation.
- It enters a valid serial number of current data & time as per excel’s date & time system.
- When you enter this function in a cell it will convert the format of the cell into a custom format (m/d/yyyy h:mm).
- To enter a static current date & time you can use keyboard shortcut key CTRL + SHIFT + : (Current Time) & CTRL + : (Current Date) to enter current date.
- In the first example, I have used TEXT Function along with now to extract current time from it.
- In the second example, I have changed the format of the cell to “General”. The number before decimal is the current date & number after the decimal is the time.
To learn more about Excel NOW Function you can check Microsoft’s Help Section. And, if you have a unique idea to use it, I would love to hear from you.