The EVEN function to rounds a number to a nearest even number. For example, it will round 5.1 to 6 and 3.1 to 4.
- number A number value which you want to round.
Here we have used different arguments for EVEN.
- When you refer to negative values, it will always round them to lower even number, away from zero.
- When you refer to positive values it will always round them to the upper even number.
- And, when you refer to a zero it will remain same.
- If you specify a value other than a number it will return a #VALUE! error.
- You can also insert a numeric value directly into the function by using double quotes or even without using them.