Excel AVERAGEIF Function
Excel AVERAGEIF Function to calculates the average of the values which meet a condition. In simple words, you can specify a condition and this function will only average those values which meet that condition.
AVERAGEIF(range, criteria, average_range)
- range A range contain values from which you want to check the condition.
- criteria Condition which you want to check.
- [average_range] A range in which you have values to calculate the average.
In the below example, we have used AVERAGEIF to calculate the average of product C. We have directly inserted criteria into the function by using double quotes.
We have two entries of product C in which we have quantities 12 and 8 respectively.
AVERAGEIF checks for the product C in column A and average corresponding values from column B.
In the below example, we have used an asterisk to calculate the average quantity of fruits who have alphabet A in their name. We have two fruits in above list who have Alphabet A in their name.
AVERAGEIF verifies the condition from the column A and calculates the average of corresponding values from column B.
- Excel AVERAGE Function: It returns the average (arithmetic mean) of the arguments. You can refer to a range of cells or insert numbers inside the function [...]
- Excel AVERAGEA Function: It returns the average (arithmetic mean) of a group of numbers and text. You can refer to a range of cells or insert [...]
- Excel AVERAGEIFS Function: It averages the number of cells which meet criteria. You need to specify criteria and ranges to check [...]