As everyone knows, Excel is majorly used to work with numbers and text data, but Excel also has the feature to insert pictures into cells. Inserting the picture in a cell is a very easy task, and you can insert the image from your local system or online.
Sometimes you come in a situation or you work in an organization where you want to include the images and the data to provide the visuals to that referred data.
Let us assume you work in a product manufacturing company where you must maintain your products’ detail in Excel, and you also want to add the reference images of that products; there, you can use the insert picture feature of Excel.
There are many types of organizations where you always find the need for this feature, like real estate, logo, or design building, and many others to show the reference images along with the data.
Steps to Insert Picture in a Cell
- First, go to the “Insert” tab on the ribbon and then click on the “Pictures” icon under the “Illustrations” group.
- Once you click on “Pictures,” you will get the drop-down opened to choose where you want to insert an image from your local system or online.
- After that, click on “This Device” to insert the image from your local or connected system or click on “Online Pictures” if you want to insert the online image.
- Here, Locate and choose the picture you want to insert and click on the “Insert” button.
- Once you click on the “Insert”, the image will get inserted into the spreadsheet.
- Now, place your mouse cursor on any round-shaped borders and then drag and shrink the image to resize it to fit into a cell.
- Once resized, with the mouse click, hold on to any of the borders and drag the image to the cell where you want to place it.
Lock the Picture in a Cell
The image, by default, does not get fixed or stick to its place after we assign them to their respective cells, which means with the resize of the cell, the image could be moved to another place freely.
So, after placing the image, we need to lock it so that image will get embedded within the cell and will not get moved from its place. To do so, follow the below steps after inserting the picture.
- First, right-click on the image/picture, and you will get the drop-down opened.
- After that, choose the “Size & Properties” option.
- Now, select the “Move and size with cells” option so that it can get locked in that cell and will move within the cell only.
Now, this image will get moved only with the movement of the cell; for example, now I have inserted the row between columns “B” and “C”, the image got moved to the right with the movement of the cell.
When I resized the cell, the image got adjusted accordingly and did not move outside the cell.