What is the use of Excel TIME Function?
Syntax for Excel TIME Function
hour A number to use as an hour value.
minute A number to use as a minute value.
second A number to use as a second value.
More Information on Excel TIME Function
- Excel stores date & time in a serial number. In a valid date, serial number integer represents date & decimal part represents time.
- You can also directly enter arguments into the function.
- It will return the same result if you use double quotation marks or not.
- When initially create a time value with this function it will give you time in 12-hour format using AM/PM with it but you can change it by changing time format.
Examples to understand Excel TIME Function
In above example, I have used different arguments for your better understanding.
- Date return by the function in 12-hour format.
- If you use zero for the hour value it will give you time from starting hour of a day.
- When you specify a negative number it will deduct that value from the previous hour, minute or second.
- Time function returns a decimal number which represents a particular time in excel.
You can also use time function with other function to create some dynamic functions.
Download Sample File
Use Excel Time Function to create a valid serial number which represents time as excel’s date & time system. Learn more about TIME from here.