Use Excel TIME Function to create a time value by the specifying hour, minute and second as a number. In simple words, you can create a valid time value by using a number for hours, minutes and seconds.
- hour A number to use as an hour value.
- minute A number to use as a minute value.
- second A number to use as a second value.
More Information on Excel TIME Function
- Excel stores date and time in a serial number. In a valid date, serial number integer represents date and decimal part represents time.
- You can also directly enter arguments into the function.
- It will return the same result if you use double quotation marks or not.
- When initially create a time value with this function it will give you time in 12-hour format using AM/PM with it but you can change it by changing time format.
Examples to understand Excel TIME Function
In above example, we have used different arguments for your better understanding.
- Time return by this function is in 12-hour format.
- If you use zero for the hour value it will give you time from starting hour of a day.
- When you specify a negative number it will deduct that value from the previous hour, minute or second.
- Time function returns a decimal number which represents a particular time in excel.
To learn more about Excel TIME Function you can check Microsoft’s Help Section. And, if you have a unique idea to use it, I would love to hear from you.