In Excel, when you open a worksheet, you can enter data from left to right. A worksheet is aligned left horizontally and top vertically. But you can align a worksheet data at the center horizontally and in the middle vertically.
Steps to Make a Worksheet Horizontally at the Center
- First, go to the page layout tab and click on the margin option drop-down.
- Now from the margins, click on the custom margins option. This opens the page set-up dialog box.
- After that, from the page set-up dialog box, tick mark center on page options (Horizontally and Vertically). The moment you do this, you’ll see, it shows you that data from the worksheet is now horizontally at the center and vertically in the middle.
- In the end, click OK to save these settings.
This will not change the data that you have in the worksheet, but when you make a printout, this will make it horizontally at the center and vertically in the middle.
Using Print Preview Option to Make a Worksheet Horizontally at the Center
The same option can be changed from the print preview option.
- Go to the File Tab and click on the Print option.
- After that, click on the “Page Setup”.
- Now, click on the Margin Tab.
- Next, tick mark horizontally and vertically check-boxes.
- In the end, click OK to save settings.
It’s the same option that we have used in the first method, but this is just a different way to open it.
If you want to make a worksheet horizontally at the center, you use a keyboard shortcut to open the page setup and then apply the settings:
Alt ⇢ P ⇢ S ⇢ P ⇢ M
When you press this shortcut key it opens the page setup dialog box and the margin tab. And from there, you can apply the setting to make your worksheet horizontally at the center and vertically in the middle.
As I said earlier, when you apply these settings, it will not make any changes to the data in the worksheet, but change the alignment that you have while printing it You see this setting in the print preview as well.