When I started using it in Excel 2010, there was only one issue that I faced to Enable PowerPivot. In Excel 2010, unlike earlier versions of Microsoft Excel, you have to activate it first before using it. If you are still using Excel 2010, this post is for you.
System Requirement to Enable Power Pivot in Excel
- A Windows version of Excel, either 32-bits or 64 bits.
- Minimum of 1 GB of RAM (2 GB Recommended by Microsoft)
- 3.5 GB of available hard disk space in your system.
Steps to Enable Power Pivot in Excel 2010-2013
In Microsoft Excel 2010, Power Pivot not comes with the main office application. You have to download it from Microsoft’s Download Center. Once you download the package just follow these simple steps to install it in your system.
- Just install PowerPivot from the file you have downloaded. It’ll take 2 – 3 minutes to install in your system.
- Once you install it, just start Excel and you’ll have a new tab in your Excel ribbon.