“PowerPivot will bring a lot more freedom to our information workers because they will have powerful, easy-to-use data analysis tools right on their PCs…without having to come to the IT department for help…”
Ayad Shammout, Lead Technical Database Administrator, CareGroup Healthcare System
I am sure above words will definitely inspire you. If you really want freedom in data analysis, PowerPivot is your buddy. When I have started using it in Excel 2010, there was only one issue which I had faced is to Enable PowerPivot. In Excel 2010, unlike earlier versions of Microsoft Excel you have to activate it first before using it.
If you are still using excel 2010, this post is for you. I will show to How to Activate PowerPivot In Excel 2010 which is just like all other Add-Ins.
System Requirement to Enable PowerPivot In Excel 2010
- A Windows version of Excel, either 32-bits or 64 bits.
- Minimum of 1 GB of RAM (2 GB Recommended by Microsoft)
- 3.5 GB of available hard disk space in your system.
Steps to Enable PowerPivot In Excel 2010
In Microsoft Excel 2010, PowerPivot not comes with main office application. You have to download it from the Microsoft’s Download Center. Once you download the package just follow these simple steps to install in your system.
- Just install the PowerPivot from the file you have downloaded. It’ll take 2 – 3 minutes to install in your system.
- Once you install the PowerPoint In Excel 2010, Just start your excel application.
- Now you have a new, Tab in your Excel Ribbon.