Here is a quick tip for you to create a star rating template in excel.
To create this star rating template all you need, REPT Function.
REPT Function is useful when you want to repeat a given text for a number of times.
And, today we will use this formula to create this Star Rating Template in Excel.
Steps To Create a Star Rating Template
- Insert two different types of stars (☆★) in your excel sheet. And, place them in two different cells.
- Insert five option buttons (Form Control). And, create a single cell link for all the buttons. Place them in five cells in a Vertical direction.
- Merge 5 cells just one column before your inserted buttons.
- Enter below formula in the merged cell.
- Change the text orientation of formulated cell to the Vertical Text.
- Change text alignment of formulated cell to the center & bottom.
- Finally, you have a Star Rating Template.
How it works?
- The first part of the formula will give you outlined stars. For Example, when you click on 3-star rating it will give rest of the two stars in outline.
- Second Part of the formula will give you filled stars. For example, when you click on the 4-star rating you will get 4 filled stars.
- You can also insert symbols within the formula itself.
- You can also use another type of symbols as you like.
- Change the style of the template as per your requirement.
Download this sample file to learn more.
Creating a star rating template in excel simple and easy.
Star Rating Template is the first part of our series to create In-Cell charts using Rept Function.
Check out rest of the parts.
In-Cell Column Chart
In-Cell Gantt Chart
So, do you know any other way to create a star rating template in excel/
I would like to hear from you.