Use Excel SUM Function to sum numeric values. In simple words, You can use this function to sum numbers. SUM function is the most used function in excel.
- number1 A number, a range of cells which contain numbers or a single cell which contain a number.
- [number2] A number, a range of cells which contain numbers or a single cell which contain a number.
More Information on Excel SUM Function
- You can specify non-continues ranges to sum by differentiating them by using commas.
- You can also insert numbers directly into the function.
- You can also use the shortcut key ALT + = to sum cells.
As I have already mentioned that you can insert numbers directly into the function by using commas between them.
You can also simply refer to a range for calculating the sum of the numbers in those cells. And if there is text, logical values or empty cells in those cells it will ignore them.
If there is an error value in a cell which you are referring, it will #N/A in the result.
If you have numeric values which are formatted as text if will ignore them. It is recommended to format them into number format before using SUM Function.
To learn more about Excel SUM Function you can check Microsoft’s Help Section. And, if you have a unique idea to use it, I would love to hear from you.