Use Excel REPT function to repeat a specific text for a specific number of times. In simple words, it can repeat a text in a cell the number of times you specified.
You just have to specify a text to repeat and the number of repetition. In the below example, we have used REPT Function to repeat a text.
- text Text which you want to repeat. You can either insert a text in the function directly or you can also refer to a text which contains the text.
- number_times Number to specify the repetition of the text.
More Information Excel REPT Function
- Maximum numbers of repetition you can do is 32767, and after that, it will return an error.
- If you skip specifying the number of repetition, the function will return blank.
- If a number of repetition is not an integer it will return an error.
In the below example, we have used different types of text for repetition using with REPT function. It can repeat any type of text or numbers and even symbols which you specify in function. The main use of REPT function is for creating in-cell charts.
In the below example, we have used REPT function to create an in-cell column chart. You can use REPT Function in different ways to create some good looking tiny charts.
You can also use REPT Function to create padding in a cell. Check out here to add leading zeros in a cell. And, you also use it with other function to create some dynamic results.
Most of the time it’s preferable to create small charts with REPT function.
More Related Tips
To learn more about Excel REPT Function you can check Microsoft’s Help Section. And, if you have a unique idea to use it, I would love to hear from you.