Developer tab in excel is one of the most important & highly useful options in excel.
But, before using this gem you have to activate it in your Excel.
In this post, I will show you how to Add Developer Tab In Excel in windows as well as in excel 2011 for mac.
How To Show It In Your Excel Ribbon In Windows
You can insert it in your ribbon by using two methods.
Method 1 for windows version
To Enable, the developer tab follows these simple steps.
- Go to File Tab → Options → Customize Ribbon
- In Main Tab list, tick mark check box for the developer.
- Click OK.
- Now, you have a developer tab in your excel ribbon.
Method 2 windows version
We can also use another method to display developer tab in excel.
- Pause your cursor on your excel ribbon.
- And, right click on it & select customize Ribbon.
- Now, follow step 3 & 4 as per method 1.
You can use above methods in Excel 2007, 2010, 2013 & 2016 to adding it into your in excel ribbon.
How To Show It In Your Excel Ribbon In Excel 2011 for Mac
To Display Developer Tab In Excel 2011 for Mac just follow these simple steps.
- Go to Excel Menu → Preferences.
- Click on Ribbon in Sharing & Privacy Group. Click Ok.
- Now, you will get a pop-up dialog box. In customization section, select Developer Tab & click OK.
- Now, you have a Developer Tab in your ribbon.
Components of Developer Tab
- You can Record Macros using Developer Tab.
- Run Macros.
- Use ActiveX Controls.
- Access to Visual Basic Editor.